Board Seat Available
Submit nominations to Eric Rothschild at firstname.lastname@example.org to be distributed to the board.
• Attend all board and committee meetings and functions, such as special events.
We hold one in-person yearly board meeting on the same day of our Distinguished Alumni Awards (Usually mid October).
We hold four yearly board conference calls and additional committee calls.
• Be informed about the organization's mission, services, policies, and programs.
• Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
• Serve on committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments.
• Make a personal financial contribution to the organization.
• Inform others about the organization.
• Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization.
• Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization's field.
• Ability to: listen, analyze, think clearly and creatively, work well with people individually and in a group.
• Willing to: prepare for and attend board and committee meetings, ask questions, take responsibility and follow through on a given assignment, contribute personal and financial resources in a generous way according to circumstances, open doors in the community, evaluate oneself.
• Develop certain skills if you do not already possess them, such as to: cultivate and solicit funds, cultivate and recruit board members and other volunteers.
• Possess: honesty, sensitivity to and tolerance of differing views, a friendly, responsive, and patient approach, community-building skills, personal integrity, a developed sense of values, concern for your nonprofit's development, a sense of humor.
END of Board Information.
Community Director (Posted on May 2011) Part-Time
Starting Date: ASAP
- Work from home and on your own schedule
- Learn how to manage a community of 24,000 alumni
- Work closely with the President of the Scarsdale Alumni Association, Ricardo Garcia-Amaya (Class of 1997).
- Learn the inner workings of a non-profit organization
- Establish relationships with Alumni and develop career mentors
- Use the latest technology tools to run a non-profit
- SHS Alumnus
- Great personable skills
- Positive attitude and passion to learn how to run a non-profit organization
- A tech savvy candidate would be a plus
The Scarsdale Alumni Association is looking for a young alumnus (Class of 2004-2011) interested in acting as the Organization’s Community Director. We are looking for an individual with great outgoing personality to:
- Work closely with the President to reach out to alumni through email and/or phone to share news, update records, and receive feedback from the alumni community
- Gather provided content and organize it into a monthly e-newsletter
- Manage Facebook, LinkedIN and Twitter content
- Provide ideas on how to improve the communication and outreach to alumni
- - Work closely with the President of the Alumni Association
- Learn how to run a non-profit organization
- Learn about the latest technology being applied to the non-profit
- Develop career mentors
- Many more…
For additional information contact: Ricardo Garcia-Amaya - email@example.com or 914-325-3307.